This outstanding Proof five oz Gold coin joins The Royal Mint’s commemoration of the First World War centenary.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes with the original box and certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 110 coins.
- Obverse: Designed by John Bergdahl recalling the first wave of troops departing Britain for Europe, watched over by Britannia with the British lion at her side. She is the guardian of the British shores, a symbol of the patriotism and apprehension that surrounded those first days of war.
- Reverse: Features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the face value and year of issue.
- Official legal tender backed by British government.
This Proof Gold coin would make a great addition to any coin collection. Add this 5 oz Proof Gold coin to your cart today!
The most important anniversaries deserve Britain’s tribute. The First World War Outbreak Gold Proof 5 oz Coin forms part of The Royal Mint’s five-year program for the UK’s coins. These are Britain’s largest coins, reserved for the most important anniversaries and events, the ultimate commemoration.
In his poignant design John Bergdahl recalls the first wave of troops departing Britain for Europe, watched over by Britannia with the British lion at her side. She is the guardian of our shores, a symbol of the patriotism and apprehension that surrounded those first days of war. All these beautiful details on the coin’s 65mm diameter reverse are enhanced by The Royal Mint’s Proof finish, the pinnacle of minting skill, adding to the glory of fine gold.
Each coin is presented in its own handsome case and is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity to confirm its low mintage of just 110. Your coin is accompanied by a fascinating booklet that reveals the story of pre-war Britain, the country at the outbreak of war, the first events in the long battle to come and the inspiration behind the designs. Whether you wish to honor those who fought or you have an interest in military history, the 5 oz coin is the perfect choice.