As low as $44.99 per coin over spot!
With an iconic design and 1 oz of U.S. Gold, the American Gold Eagle combines the best aspects of collectibility and bullion investment appeal, which has made it America’s preferred Gold coin.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 are packaged in “Monster Boxes.” All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Minted at West Point, N.Y.
Protect your Gold American Eagle with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order. You can also add a coin bezel to turn your Gold Eagle into fine jewelry.
The Gold American Eagle quickly became the most popular Gold bullion coin in the United States since its release in 1986. Add this 1 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!
Dates you receive will be of our choosing and are determined by stock on hand.
THE BEAUTY OF 1 OZ GOLD AMERICAN EAGLE COINS HAS BEEN ACCLAIMED FOR MORE THAN A CENTURY.
The 1 oz Gold American Eagle design is based on the famous Saint-Gaudens Lady Liberty design that appeared on the final Gold Double Eagle design. Replacing the Liberty Gold coin in 1907, the Saint-Gaudens Gold coin was born out of President Theodore Roosevelt’s desire for U.S. Gold coins to be a work of art. The 1907 Gold Double Eagle coin is considered one of the most beautiful of American coins, and the present-day American Eagle receives the same sort of acclaim. Modern American Eagle coins for sale are made for investors, but collectors enjoy their beauty.
THE VALUE OF A GOLD EAGLE COIN INVOLVES MORE THAN THE BEAUTY OF ITS DESIGN OR THE YEAR OF ITS MINTING.
The 1 oz Gold American Eagle is made chiefly for investors, although the U.S. Mint offers proof and burnished coins made with special processes to enhance their beauty for collectors. A Gold Eagle coin could refer to a variety of different Gold coins, including a modern Gold bullion coin and pre-1933 Gold Eagle coins. The Capped Bust Gold coin was the earliest Gold Eagle coin, starting in 1795, but it was produced in such low numbers that they are seen as purely high-end collector items. Coins for sale can be bought for their Precious Metal value or their collectibility value, and it is important to know what you are getting before paying the premium over the Gold spot price.
THE GOLD AMERICAN EAGLE IS LEGAL TENDER, THOUGH ITS ACTUAL GOLD CONTENT IS WORTH MUCH MORE THAN THE $50 FACE VALUE.
1 troy oz
- PCGS #: 512921
- Diameter: 26.50 millimeters
- Designer: Joel Iskowitz/Barbara Fox
- Weight: 15.55 grams
- Edge: Reeded
- Metal Content: 99.99% Gold